Sunday, September 3, 2017

Letter #30 - "Everyday I Am Less Like a Chump"

Hey Everyone!

I couldn't think of a email subject, so I asked Sister Sterner what I should title it. 

I moved! Here is our new address!
600 S Graves St  #1712 
McKinney, TX 75069

Here is my crazy first week of training and being a district leader:

Monday: We discovered the outcomes of transfers! I would be staying in McKinney, but with a few twists. 1.) I would be training a new missionary. 2.) I would be District Leader. 3.) We would no longer be covering the 8th ward. So we now only cover the North half of the Spanish Branch. It was a lot to take in. We were confused because the member we lived with lives really far away from any of the spanish work... we went home kind of stressed. Elder Huggins was getting super excited to go home.

Tuesday: Transfer day! We drove out to Frisco at 8:30 to be at my meetings for being a trainer! We talked for about an hour about what our purpose is as trainers and how we can make an impact on our trainee's entire mission. After that, we joined the trainees in their trainings. We then got placed with our new companions! My new companion is named Elder Kraus. He is from Brigham City, Utah. He loves computers and reading. He even made his own video game before the mission. He has a really goofy sense of humour and is a really great kid. We had lunch and some more trainings and then drove back to McKinney. We had dinner and then went to our first lesson together with Jose De Leon. It went well. He keeps falling off the face of the planet though. We keep not being able to get ahold of him.

Wednesday: I had my first District Meeting as District Leader. We did a fun get to know you game that i learned in my theater classes in high school. Then I gave a training on unity and how we can be unified as a district this transfer. They all seemed pretty excited for this transfer. That night, we were doing some finding work. We were doing stop bys for potential investigators. We went to one named Maria Campos and set up a return appointment. On our way back to the car, i felt prompted to knock a door down the street, so we went and knocked. No answer. We left a card and went back to the car. As we were sitting in the car looking in our area book for the next potential, we noticed there was another just up the street, so we got out and started walking up the road again. We were passing the house that we left a card on and a truck pulled up and two men got out. We contacted them and found out that one was an inactive member from Honduras! We got his information and told him we would call him to set up an appointment! It was a crazy miracle.

Thursday: We spent most of thursday moving! We moved all of our apartments around. So now i live in an apartment instead of with members. It is kinda a filthy apartment, so we are going to clean it up. We did some facebook work that night.

Friday: We had our weekly correlation meeting with Hermano Carasquillo. It went well. We then did our weekly planning session. That and our studies took most the day. We went out with Hermano Garcia in the evening. I learned a lot of spanish phrases while with him.

Saturday: we woke up and went to go help with a move! It was fun being able to just lift heavy things and sweat haha. Afterwards, i had my first baptismal interview to do as a district leader! It went well! He is an awesome 13 year old. Later, we did more finding work.
Sunday: We had church! None of our investigators came :( that was pretty much the events of our day.

I know this is where the Lord wants me to be. Please seek Him out in daily prayer. He is there, He is listening.

I love you all!
Elder Bullough

Pictures
1. Elder Kraus and Me
2. Elder Kraus and I on our first day.
3. Me in front of a sign with a gun and a scope that says you are here.
4. Me with my new bike.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment