Friday, October 20, 2017

Letter # 31 - The Eye of Faith

¡Buenas Tardes!

First off, I would like everyone to know that I was not affected by Harvey at all. Not even a raindrop. My thoughts and prayers go out to all those who have been affected by this great disaster.

I had a pretty eventful week. I learned a lot about being a missionary and about being a Leader.

Let's just jump right into my week! (Yes dad, that was for you.)

Monday - We had a lesson with Maurycio about Repentance. It went well. He has a girlfriend and they are getting married next month! Super exciting for him.

Tuesday - We had a really great District Meeting. Sister Hendricks and Elder Del Angel gave great trainings. I love my district so much. We are all super close and get along great. We had a lesson scheduled with Jose De Leon, but he bailed :( He hasn't responded to any of our calls or texts since. Super sad.

Wednesday - We did a lot of finding work.  We found a new investigator named Brittany. She hasn't answered our messages since then either though. It is hard because our area has been half English and Half Spanish for so long, that now since we only cover spanish, we have to do a ton of finding.

Thursday - We did all of our studies and weekly planning. Once we got on bike, Elder Kraus didnt feel well. Dehydration. So we went back to the apartment, got him some water, and let him sleep so we could bike the whole day on Friday. He didn't want to go back to the apartment, but it was what he needed. Bless his heart, he only wants to work hard.

Friday - We continued our finding work! We prayed about a street to go contact on. Once we got there, we found 3 new investigators! A guy named Juan, and then two cousins, Jose and Roberto Juarez. Jose and Roberto have a lot of potential.

Saturday - We went and painted a trailer with our branch for a member. Took us about 4 hours. Later, the branch had an 8 year old baptism. We were asked to go early and fill the font. We weren't planning on staying, but the father that was performing the baptism told me that the brother who was supposed to give the baptism talk could not come. He then asked me to give it 2 minutes before the baptism started! Scariest thing I have done my whole mission. I gave a short simple powerful talk on baptism in Spanish. Maybe 3 minutes. They seemed to appreciate it.

Sunday - We went to church. Testimony meeting went really well. At 8 that night, the Zone Leaders wanted to have a meeting with the 2 district leaders in the zone. They wanted to make sure we were all on the same page. They gave some suggestions on what to train on at District Meetings and how to accomplish our zone goals. It was a good meeting. I love Elders McCann, Bair, and Hansen.

That was basically it for this week. Kind of a boring week.

I love you all and hope this week is amazing!

Love,
Brandon

No comments:

Post a Comment