Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Letter #28 - Is That Bread?

¡Buenas Tardes!

I had a good week! It was a lot cooler than normal. Clouds and rain almost every day! I loved it! Except for the fact that I was biking through rain haha.

Here is my week!

Monday - During PDay, we had the most fun game of Signs that I have ever played in my life. It was so much fun playing with our whole district. After PDay ended, We went back to the house and Elder Huggins got sick... so he went to bed and I started calling people and setting up appointments.

Tuesday - We had a good district meeting! (Picture Included). A random contact was cleaning out their garage and was throwing out a model train set. It was a really cheap plastic one. Elder Jensen and Gomez Alonso wanted it, so they asked if they could take it. Elder Jensen gave a "Train"ing in district meeting using the model train. It was pretty good. Later that night, we had a lesson with Jose de Leon! We talked about the Word of Wisdom. He has totally been prepared to receive the Gospel. He stopped drinking about a month ago after he had been reading the Book of Mormon more. That was before we even taught him about how drinking was bad! He is an incredible man.

Wednesday - We weekly planned! That night, we had to go and do the Stake President Report because the zone leaders are not even in our stake. Because they are not in our stake, the District Leader does it. So Elder Huggins gave the report to the Stake President. There are lots of great things happening in the stake here.

Thursday - ZONE CONFERENCE! It was so much fun seeing all of these missionaries that I have grown to love and look up to in so many different ways. The main focus of our mission has been tuned into Teaching Repentance and Baptizing Converts. It is such a neat experience to see the Lord working through President Dalton. I am excited to see where he takes our mission. After the Zone Conference, We went straight to dinner and ate homemade pizza with the Moss family. Then we went out to Princeton to try and meet with a referral and a couple of less active families. We did not see a ton of success.

Friday - We had dinner with the Moss family again. Only, this time was a little different... Friday is our car fast day. It is a mission rule. We cannot use the car one day of the week. So we had to get a ride to dinner. Sister Moss did not relay the message to Brother Moss that all four of the Elders were going to be coming to dinner, so he showed up to pick us up for dinner in his small Camry with his son sitting in the back seat in a car seat... We tried to squeeze in, but there was no way that three of us were going to share the back seat with the car seat there. So, I climbed in head first and pinned myself in between the front seats, and the legs of Elder Gomez Alonso and Elder Huggins. It was extremely uncomfortable, but I took it like a champ haha. My head was right next to Brother Moss' son's feet. He was totally passed out. He was holding something in his hand that looked like a roll. I asked Elder Gomez Alonso if it was bread and he said, "No, I think that is play-doh!" and I was like, "Are you sure? It looks a lot like bread.." He then reached over and poked it and said, "Nope, It is bread." While I am typing this, I have no idea why it was so funny in the moment, but it was... Maybe it had to do with the fact that I was very uncomfortable and jammed into a car haha. Oh, and I forgot to mention that almost the whole ride back to the Moss Home, we were following a police man, so I was trying to get as low as I possibly could. After dinner, we went to go visit an older member in the English ward named Sister Colley. She was super sweet. Her husband is not a member and wants nothing to do with the church, but we had a nice visit with Sister Colley. She even told me that she thought one day I would be a Bishop haha.

Saturday - It Poured rain... We were on bike too. We went to a pavilion to get some cover, but it did nothing. It was pouring and the wind was so strong. The wind would just blow the water under the pavilion and get us wet. It was a fun time haha. We also got to go to the adult session of Stake Conference. Elder Hammond, who is an area seventy, attended. It was an incredible conference.

Sunday - We attended Stake Conference. It was a great meeting. The themes seemed to be centered on the family and not being content with fitting in. I learned so much and felt the Spirit in abundance. We tried to contact bishop referrals for the rest of the day.

Well, That was my week! I hope y'all are well and healthy. I know that there is no greater work on the Earth than that of Preaching the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ. The Gospel can help us in all aspects of our lives.

I love you all so much!
Elder Bullough





Pictures!
1 - The McKinney District!
2 - Me getting drenched.
3 - Elder Huggins and I, wet.
4 - Three of the zones here in Allen, McKinney, Plano, and Frisco

No comments:

Post a Comment